Wednesday, March 20, 2019

New Outside Column!

Firstly, here's my latest column for Outside magazine, and it's all about how you should keep your damn mouth shut:


Do I adhere to this rule?  Almost never.  However, this is precisely why I know how futile it is to confront drivers, so there you go.

Secondly, if you're in New York City, here's a thing that's going on tonight:

BROOKLYN, NY -- Bushwick bicycle shop Haven Cycles (1546 Dekalb Ave, Bushwick, BK) will be hosting a stand up comedy benefit show on Wednesday, March 20 @ 8pm to raise money for RIP Medical Debt, a New York-based organization that buys medical debt for pennies on the dollar and then forgives it. Spearheaded by comedian Danny Felts (who has appeared on HBO’s High Maintenance and IFC’s Portlandia), Stand Up! At Haven Cycles will feature a lineup of comics who all commute primarily by bicycle. The show is pay-what-you-wish.

I can't promise you that there's a fixed-gear prop comic who trackstands for his or her entire set, but I can't promise you there isn't one either. 

So I guess what I'm saying is go check it out and let me know.

Finally, Eroica California is just over the next pass:


Just to remind you, I'll be giving away both my Nova Eroica bike and my Classic Eroica bike, and all you have to do to get them is find me at the ride and call "dibs."  (One bike per customer, mind you, but I'm pretty lazy so you could probably fool me with a stick-on mustache or something.)  As for what I'll be riding, I'm totally leaving all that up to the very last minute, which is kind of the point, and you'll read all about it in the Outside article which will follow.

And no, the Classic bike won't be 100 years old...



...at least I don't think it will.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to get started on my minivan roadtrip playlist.



from Bike Snob NYC https://ift.tt/2WbNqiz

No comments:

Post a Comment