Thursday, November 8, 2018

Rylo 360 Camera Review: Does This Offer Anything for Real Estate Professionals?

From time to time, I've noticed various real estate investors, agents and video marketers using 360-degree cameras to showcase the properties they're trying to sell.

Being somewhat of a camera nerd, it was only a matter of time until I would get my hands on one to see if these things are legitimately useful for real estate professionals, or if they're just another unnecessary gadget for us to waste our money on.

After spending several hours with the Rylo 360 Video Camera – I think it's a little bit of both.

I'll explain it in this video – and summarize my thoughts below…

Here's where I think this kind of camera could be useful for real estate professionals:

Due Diligence, Property Inspections, and Property Research

Here's an example of what a 360 video looks like when uploaded to YouTube (note: you can click and drag around to see any angle – or if you're watching this on a mobile device, you can simply move it around to see different angles of the property):

Now, here's the exact same video sample, but with some editing I did in the Rylo app. With this kind of video, it will only show you what I (as the editor) want you to see:

As you can see – the resolution isn't amazing, and there's definitely some distortion and warping that happens to the trees (this will happen with any type of ultra-wide fisheye lens). Even so, it still gives a pretty interesting and informative look at the property.

I'm not sure I would want this to be the ONLY view that I use, but it's definitely an interesting perspective to throw into the overall mix.

Virtual Tours and Alternative Angles for Real Estate Videos

Here's what I think the drawbacks of this camera are:

The Price

For what it is, this thing seems like it's a little on the expensive side. I'm not saying the price is horrendous, but $500 is the absolute highest I would ever be willing to pay for this kind of thing (and even then, I'm not sure if the value is really there for people using it exclusively for real estate). It's a great gadget for thrill seekers and action videographers, but I'm not sure if real estate fits this mold quite as well.

Low-Resolution and Image Warping

Even if you overlook the image warping and distortion that comes with the super-wide-angle lens on this camera, the image quality image on this camera isn't outstanding. Sure, it offers a unique perspective and great stabilization, but the resolution is pretty low and doesn't show the finer details that some property inspectors might be looking for.

Low-Light Performance

Simply put – this is not a low light camera. One thing about real estate video shoots (especially the interiors of older houses) is that low-light environments are just a fact of life. This kind of camera will produce a lot of “noise” in low-light settings, so whenever possible, I would try to stick to the exterior and/or extremely well-lit interior shots when using this kind of camera.

All in all, it's a fun little camera to have around. There are certainly a few situations when a 360 camera like this can come in handy, but I wouldn't call it a “necessity” for real estate professionals to have on hand.

What do you think? Would a camera like the Rylo 360 be useful in your day-to-day operations?

The post Rylo 360 Camera Review: Does This Offer Anything for Real Estate Professionals? appeared first on REtipster.



from REtipster https://ift.tt/2PKBcy4

No comments:

Post a Comment