Monday, August 27, 2018

Making Myself Scarce

Sorry, I neglected to mention last week I won't be around much through Labor Day as it's End-Of-Summer-Family-Extravaganza time.  (I'm off the Bike Forecast too.)  Very early this past Saturday morning I headed down to Central Park for the velocipeding contest, realized "What the hell was I thinking?," and sat up almost immediately.  Instead, I took the meandering route home, during which I took in murals:


And marine equipment:


Then upon arriving home I shucked my chamois, hosed myself down, loaded up the Wagon Queen Family Truckster, and hit the road along with my co-parent and seventeen (17) children:


(Obscured my vanity plate, which reads SCRANUS)

I had been considering bringing the Jones, but generally speaking the road bike is the safe bet when going out of town.

Hey, don't think of it as a vacation; think of it as an extended test of the Saris SuperClamp EX rack I'm evaluating.  I'll give a full accounting upon my return, but I will say the meantime that we made it to our destination and the bikes were still there, which is awesome.  Also, as you can see there's a fairly big size differential between wheels on each bike (that's a 24"-wheeled mountain bike in the foreground), yet the two-hook-per-arm configuration still manages to hold each bike securely.  

If you want to know what pressure we're running, I'm afraid I can't tell you, though I'm pretty pleased with the tubeless setup on the Subie.

Anyway, it's possible I'll pop in between now and Labor Day if anything urgent comes up, but failing that you probably won't hear from me until Tuesday, September 4th or thereabouts.

Boom Shanka and so forth,


--Tan Tenovo




from Bike Snob NYC https://ift.tt/2BU06pe

No comments:

Post a Comment