Wednesday, December 12, 2018

How to Host a Girls Wine Night

Beat the winter blues and bring friends together this season with good conversation, snacks & wine.

How to Host a Girls Wine Night

The best things in life are shared and wine definitely falls in that category for me. Today I’m going to share how to host a girl’s wine night in partnership with Millesima specially designed for beating the winter blues.

I’m no wine expert. I definitely know what I like – mostly white wines especially Pinot Grigio and Sauvignon Blanc. I also know that I always enjoy wine more when I’m with good friends. So rather than pretend I’m a wine expert I wanted to share how to host a fun girls night where you can share good conversation and good wine.

I think especially in an age where we do so much connecting online it’s more important than ever to nurture and celebrate your offline friendships. I know personally even as a more introverted gal I feel so so good after spending time with girlfriends. It feels so good to support and listen to the ladies in your life and feel heard and less alone. It’s funny how so many things I worry about tend to melt away when I’m in the presence of good friends. I also feel the most present when I’m around people I care about. No time to constantly future trip when I’m listening to good conversation.

The Scoop

I hosted a group of 8 girls (plus me) and we enjoyed the wine I chose from Millesima-usa.com while snacking on a cheese plate and chatting everything from business and careers to art, to wine preferences and how we develop a language for tasting wines.

It took me less than 20 minutes to prep everything and after two hours I felt so much happier. It’s amazing what a little vino and connection can do. I also love being able to bring like-minded people together (guess it makes sense that I host a podcast right?). Creating an inviting space where people feel comfortable being themselves is something I work really hard at and it makes all the difference.

How to Host a Girls Wine Night

Here’s my 3 part formula for an awesome evening.

Wine & Drinks

Get a couple different kinds of wine so people can choose what they like and have fun comparing and contrasting. Even if you’re not a pro it’s fun to see what you taste and experience with each wine.

Don’t forget to bring a couple of non-alcoholic beverages for anyone choosing not to drink.

Snacks

What’s a party without snacks?! You don’t have to spend a fortune for an awesome snack platter. Here’s how I created mine…

My cheese plate formula
  • 2 kinds of crackers
  • 2-3 kinds of cheese at least one hard cheese and one soft cheese
  • 2 kinds of fruit
  • & some garnish (I used some greens)

How to Host a Girls Wine Night

Prep a couple convo starters

Especially when not everyone knows each other it’s helpful to have some questions or conversations starters in mind. I personally prefer when there’s only one conversation going on at a time because I love listening to everyone and don’t want to miss out.

4 of my questions to get conversations started:

  1. What’s something you’re looking forward to in the next couple months?
  2. What’s something you’re really proud of?
  3. Are you working on anything fun right now?
  4. What’s something you can’t get enough of? (food, podcast, book, movie)

The Millesima Shopping Experience

Millesima is a digital wine shop with tons of options for all palates and price points. Millesima’s site is super easy to use and has so many options for navigating to find what you need. It’s like going into a wine shop and having a personal shopper help guide you. You can sort your shopping experience by color, varietal, region, country, type or rating. They also carry organic and biodynamic wines as well.

In addition to the wines I got for our girls night Chris, who’s more of Italian reds kinda guy, also picked out some bottles. It’s always nice when Chris can enjoy the sponsors I work with too.

I hope you host a couple girls nights this winter. Connection truly is some of the best wellness medicine. Funny how the simplest things have the most powerful impact on our joy.

Thank you so much to Millesima for sponsoring this post and for the amazing wine. It was definitely enjoyed!

How to Host a Girls Wine Night

How to Host a Girls Wine Night How to Host a Girls Wine Night How to Host a Girls Wine Night

How to Host a Girls Wine Night

The post How to Host a Girls Wine Night appeared first on In it for the Long Run.



from In it for the Long Run https://ift.tt/2rxxb20

No comments:

Post a Comment