Friday, February 8, 2019

Read My New Outside Column Then Get On Your Bike And Don't Stop Riding Until Monday!

You know what I love about America?  Completely unqualified people get to give parenting advice in mainstream media outlets:


And yes, I do realize that telling people not to bother with fancy bikes for their kids when my own kid rides an Islabikes is wantonly hypocritical, at least on the surface of it:


However, keep in mind I never said you shouldn't give them a fancy bike if it falls into your lap, so there you go.

Hey, I can't help it that the universe sees fit to bestow these lavish cycling gifts upon me.  And don't worry, I pay in other ways.  For while I may have some pretty sweet bikes at my disposal, I spend all my non-cycling time in sackcloth and ashes performing acts of self-flagellation:


(What, no helmets?)

It's true, just check my Strava.

Finally, before I go, I'm going to nudge you over to the Bike Forecast, only because it's important that you understand what we're dealing with at the moment.  Basically, a hit-and-run driver killed a guy on a bike in Midtown, and so after ticketing people on bikes for stuff that's not illegal now the NYPD is just outright tackling them.  Anyway, it's all in the post.

Love,


--Tan Tenovo




from Bike Snob NYC http://bit.ly/2tbxd0j

No comments:

Post a Comment