Friday, December 16, 2016

Navigating the Lasting Effects of Blogger Burnout

Blogger burnout can have a lot of lasting negative effects, but here’s how to reverse those and get back on track.

Navigating the Lasting Effects of Blogger Burnout

Four months ago, I spilled my guts about burnout: a state of physical, mental and emotional exhaustion. In this case, it was specific to blogging. I felt disconnected, apathetic, unmotivated, jealous, exhausted. Sure I tried to be helpful too, I shared why I believed it happened and how you could avoid the same mistakes.

At the time though, I was still in the weeds. I thought I knew all the answers and how to bounce right back to my old motivated self. But that’s the problem with burnout. It’s a long road to crashing and it’s a long road back. It’s been harder than I thought it would be. A lot harder. I realized there’s a powerful force at work when you’re feeling productive, motivated and successful. It’s called momentum.

Navigating the Lasting Effects of Blogger Burnout

The Power of Momentum

Momentum builds as a result of hard work, quality and consistency over time. The longer and harder you go the bigger the force. When you’re in full force it feels like you can do no wrong. Things feel easier, either that or you just feel more confident and focused. Growth accelerates, mistakes are easily remedied and overall you’re pretty much a magical combination of the “100” flame and clapping hands emoji.

Building and Losing Momentum

Think of a train. Starting that big boy up is a epic feat. It takes tons of power to move even an inch. However, over time with continued heroic feats of effort that things starts going and going and going. And once it picks up it’s hard to stop.

However burnout is a powerful enough force to break your momentum. Sometimes it’s a slow stalling and sometimes it feels like a full on crash.

I’ll give you an example. When I felt like I had momentum on my side early this year I was producing at least four recipes and new posts a week. I was at least two or three weeks ahead on my posting schedule. I was interacting with my community. I was focused. After burning out I scrambled to write posts the night before. I neglected replying to comments, something I never thought I’d do. I always felt like I’m running late. It’s exhausting.

That’s why bouncing back from burnout is so hard

You’ve lost the momentum that made things so magical. Everything suddenly feels 1000x harder. It’s like when you try to run after several months. It feels like any progress you made is lost. You question your skill, your drive, your everything.


Here’s why building momentum is the key to beating burnout
Click To Tweet


Navigating the Lasting Effects of Blogger Burnout

How do I get it back?

So how, as a blogger, business owner, employee, or someone dedicated to healthy living am I supposed to build back momentum if I’ve lost it?

That’s the big question. And it’s one I’ll be answering during Nicole Culver’s Food Entrepreneur Summit in January 2017.

I’ll give you a hint though, it’s close to impossible to make it back on your own. It’s why I believe the power of a strong community is priceless. It’s why I absolutely believe in what Nicole Culver does with her podcast, her Facebook group and her summits.

I’ve learned a lot about building back up after burnout. Which is why I’m excited to be presenting on this topic: Moving on from Burnout.

What’s the Food Entrepreneur Summit?

copy-of-sara

Think of the summit like a digital conference that you can attend in your pajamas. Over 7 business days you’ll hear in-depth presentations on 2-3 topics a day. Best part? You’ll be able to discuss and use what you learn along side hundreds of like minded entrepreneurial women who are trying to make a difference in their business.

What do I get out of It?
  • Access to all videos + mp3 (podcast) link to download to keep forever (there are 20 classes!)
  • PDF Cheat Sheets
  • Private Facebook group to post questions and get feedback about business/blog ideas.
  • Facebook question and answers with the speakers
  • Giveaway entry with 3 winners

Besides the valuable content from the videos and worksheets, I believe the biggest value comes from the community and access to the presenters. You’ll have an opportunity to ask any and all of the presenters your questions in the Facebook group.

How much does it cost?
  • Until Monday 12/19 11:59 PT it will be $199
  • 12/20 until Jan 2nd it will be $299
  • From Jan 3rd until close it will be $399
Is it really worth it?

I believe it depends. If you are a blogger who wants to earn an income from your tireless and amazing work, and feel good about doing it, but feel like you need that extra edge, this is your edge.

Navigating the Lasting Effects of Blogger Burnout

Why do I say that?

Yes, the summit is it filled with super valuable information from women who are the best at what they do. But information is everywhere isn’t it? However, in my humble opinion, the real juicy value comes from the connections you can make. You’ll be working with not just the presenters but you’ll be surrounded by your peers who can be your greatest asset.

You’ve probably heard the words tribe, community, squad thrown around like confetti through the years. They start to seem meaningless over time. However there’s truth the to cliches. We just can’t do it on our own. And we don’t have to.

Also, If you do run your blog as a business, this is a business expense. I can guarantee you’ll be able to make an extra $200-400 in revenue in January if you really focus and put effort into getting the most out of the summit.

Who the summit is NOT for

If you’re crazy busy, trying to balance a billion things already, not a fan of online communities, or not interested in pursing your blog on a professional level then I don’t think this is the right time for you. I’ve signed up for things in the east and haven’t been 100% dedicated and I just didn’t get enough out of them.

I do think this is an amazing opportunity but it has to be the right timing for you too. Don’t sign up because you feel like you have to.

Sign Up for the 2017 Food Entrepreneur Summit

blisssummitlogo_navy

Quick Note: If you sign up using the links here I do get a commission. I really appreciate (more than I could ever put into words) your support of my blog and my journey. I’m really excited about this year’s summit and proud of my own and everyone involved’s work.

Thank you *heart eyes*

The post Navigating the Lasting Effects of Blogger Burnout appeared first on In it for the Long Run.



from In it for the Long Run http://ift.tt/2hBhkMC

No comments:

Post a Comment