Wednesday, April 4, 2018

New Outside Column!

Just ducking in to let you know I've got a new Outside column about the importance of cycling route curation:


It's a light-hearted, whimsical little piece that doesn't invoke the fraught car/bike dynamic at all, though I'm sure people on Outside's Facebook page will still figure out a reason to use it as more evidence that cyclists deserve to die.

You'll forgive me if I have routes on the brain, as schools are in spring recess this week, which means that in order to get my stretchy-clothes riding in I must head out in the ungodly pre-dawn hours.  Furthermore, because it's dark, I've been opting for well-lit streets, which basically means staying in the city and riding in Central Park.  And while I love riding in Central Park (especially in the early morning when the tourists are still sound asleep in their Airbnbs and rising sun gives the skyscrapers a pinkish aura) I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pining for some decadent midday out-of-town riding.  However, I can take solace that in a week and a half I'll be getting some out-of-town-and-then-some riding at L'Eroica California:


Hold on, let me fix that:


That's better.

Hopefully I can force-grow an old-timey mustache by then.



from Bike Snob NYC https://ift.tt/2JiN9Vv

No comments:

Post a Comment