Tuesday, April 9, 2019

I'm Back, And I Couldn't Be Happier! *Breaks Down In Tears*

Well, I'm back in New York!


Rest assured I've wasted no time getting back to business.  In fact, first thing this morning I dropped THE CAR THE BANK OWNS UNTIL I FINISH PAYING THEM BACK with the dealer so they could replace the Exploding Takata Airbag Of Death that apparently came as standard equipment:


This errand of course afforded me an opportunity to use the Brompton for my return trip:


The technician took an interest in the bicycle and correctly surmised that I would not be needing the use of a loaner car.

I mean I did think about taking one anyway just to stick it to Fuji Heavy Industries, but it didn't seem worth the trouble, and the fact is I was looking forward to the ride.  After all, there's nothing like early spring in the Bronx:


Yes, Van Cortlandt Lake was a sight for sore eyes after having to look at this kind of shit for like three days straight:


I mean it was really awful:


Yes, these are the lies I tell myself--it's the only way I can stop the tears.

Of course, I will be providing a full account of my Eroica California adventure in the not-too-distant future, both in Outside and on this blog.  In the meantime, I will say that on Saturday I tackled the Nova Eroica, and on Sunday I rode the Classic Eroica, though I opted for the short course because: 1) I was tired from Saturday; and B) I had a long drive to LA ahead of me for my return flight.

And speaking of driving, check out my sweet-ass minivan!



There's nothing like cruising the California coast with a couple of cheap-ass bikes flopping around behind you.

I wasn't just subject to beautiful scenery, either.  There were also beautiful bikes, such as this one:


Which featured not only a drillium chain:


But also a drillium water bottle:


If you're wondering how that holds water, the answer is you fill it with ice.

Duh.

But in all sincerity, once again Eroica California was a positively sublime cycling experience--though I do think I've had my fill of retro jerseys for awhile:


Best of all, a longtime reader presented me with the gift of 100 Cipollini stickers:


I may have to use them to mark the course for the next Fondon't.

from Bike Snob NYC http://bit.ly/2KmQ7Nr

No comments:

Post a Comment