Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Regretfully, I Must By Necessity Extend My Absence

Good Mornings,

Owing to the vicissitudes of life, unforeseen blah blah blah, and so forth, it becomes necessary for me to delay my triumphant return to the Blogular Sphere until tomorrow, Thursday, April 28th, 2016.

It pains me to force you to scrounge for quality content elsewhere "on line" for yet another day, but whatchagonna do.

In the meantime, you'll be pleased to know that I was able to squeeze in a little recon yesterday for this Saturday's impending Bromptation* Ride:


*[Bromptons not necessary and you can even ride a "real" non-folding bike for all I care.]

Just to remind you, we'll be meeting here at 11:00am for an 11:30 rollout:


And from there we'll proceed to Bike Expo New York where I'll be signing books at 1:00pm at the Brompton table while engaging in general merriment.

As for the route, we can decide on Saturday, but maybe we'll take the path that runs along the East River:


Or maybe we'll have a winner-take-all drag race straight down 5th Avenue, to be filmed by Lucas Brunelle.

Either way, there's a very good chance I'll have some hats to give away too.

So you'll want to be there, and you'll want to make sure to bring your head.

Oh, also, cycling industry insiders are finally admitting that pro racers are using motors:


To wit:

"The fact is, disc brakes will prevent more crashes, potential injuries, and provide riders with much greater control of the bike in all conditions," Zellmann adds, adding that this applies to pros and everyday riders alike. "The improved control of disc brakes is what you can point to. As bikes and riders get faster – like nearly every motorized vehicle – they require better braking, and we feel disc brakes absolutely address this need."

See that, he called them motorized vehicles!

Plus, motors notwithstanding, the idea that road bicycles have gotten so much faster over the years that they require a completely different braking system is completely ridiculous.  Are you really going to tell me that this modern road bike:




Is appreciably faster than, say, these bikes I saw at L'Eroica?


Not that I'm against pros using discs or anything like that.  After all, they're got to be safer than those Spinergys--which, I seem to recall, people accused of severing Michele Bartoli's kneecap at the time.

Or something like that.

Anyway, speaking of discs, here's a video I saw in the comments on James Huang's latest disc screed:


I have no idea what that's supposed to prove.

Hey, looks like I kinda posted after all!

Even so, see you back here tomorrow.

Love,


--Wildcat Rock Machine




from Bike Snob NYC http://ift.tt/1NzJaUy

No comments:

Post a Comment