Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Put This In Your Bag And Ride With It

As much as I'd like to kick up my feet and hang around here with you all day I'm afraid I can't, because this arrived from Jones and I need to perform some rigorous product testing:


In case it's not obvious enough for you, that's a handlebar bag, and my rigorous product testing will involve affixing it to my bars, putting some stuff in it, and going for a ride.

Hey, I'd find a different job that didn't involve so much fucking off to ride if I could, but unfortunately I'm the only person who will hire me.

Plus I might be going on a "backpacking" trip soon, which is a thing the kids are really into these days, and I've got to train for it.

Oh yes.

Speaking of product testing and putting things in other things, the Yuba Supermarché continues to delight:
It's really true.  My older son even declared it "awesome," which is praise he's only previously bestowed on the F150 we rented that one time:

As a semi-professional bike blogger raised among Jews and suffering from middle age-onset smugness I can assure you the size of this vehicle coupled with its sheer goyeshness sent me into an existential crisis that even shopping at Whole Foods could not undo:


Sorry for sharing two pictures of my kid (to be honest I feel awkward sharing even one) but I could not resist the ironic juxtaposition of the truck and the bike.  (Also ironic: in the short amount of time I've had the Yuba I've already hauled more with it than I did with the truck.)

Lastly:

Yeah, right.  I know someone browsing Abercrombie.com for new underwear when I see it.



from Bike Snob NYC http://ift.tt/2FSnm44

No comments:

Post a Comment