Thursday, March 29, 2018

Trials And Fredulations

Top portion of the morning to you!

Sorry for my absence yesterday, I was engaged in mind-numbing tedium:


If you think that riding an exotic handmade bicycle for hours on end on a Wednesday and stopping for a light farm-to-table lunch before heading back home is something I enjoy doing then, well, obviously you're right.  Still, it's my responsibility as a semi-professional blogger to put this artisanal Fred crucifix through its paces, and that's exactly what I plan to do.

Speaking of the Renovo, I happened to read recently that they're receiving an investment from a wealthy Texan:



"As a longtime cyclist, I'd been following Renovo for several years and was blown away by the size of their operation, their technology, and of course, the performance of their bikes," Spinks said. "I immediately made the decision to invest upon seeing their state-of-the-art machines, tools and configurations in-process and watching their new designs come to fruition. And with this production-bike capability boost, our partnership becomes even more exciting and rewarding."



Al Spinks is an author, speaker, proven leader, entrepreneur, Silver Fox Advisor & life/performance coach. While serving as an enlisted man aboard nuclear submarines in the US Navy, he was selected to take part in a leadership program where he earned a B.S. degree (Aerospace engineering, University of Texas, Austin) and was promoted to the rank of 2nd Lt. (USMC). He then qualified as a Naval Aviator (NFO) and flew in high performance, tactical jets (EA-6A) from the decks of 4 aircraft carriers.

If so I'm pretty sure he was one of Etheline Tenenbaum's suitors in "The Royal Tenenbaums:"


Also--and I swear on my chamois Renovo has not asked me to share any of this, I've merely been stumbling upon this stuff in the normal course of my Internet usage--here's a video about Renovo's "SuperBikeBox:"

As I believe I mentioned when I took delivery of the bike, this was by far the best-packed bicycle I've ever received.  I believe I also mentioned that I had no idea the box became a stand so I basically ripped it to shreds with a box cutter and then put the bike together on the floor.  So watching this video now makes me feel like a total idiot.

On the other hand, having destroyed the box means I can't return the bike, so who's the idot now?

Lastly, here's the Outside column about self-driving cars you knew had to be coming:


Even before the technology claimed its first victim last week I've wondered why the hell any cyclist would trust an industry that's turned much of the country into this:


But then again America loves a lying boyfriend.



from Bike Snob NYC https://ift.tt/2IgqHv1

No comments:

Post a Comment