Friday, July 27, 2018

New Outside Column About Old Parts

As I gird myself for a solid round of Jones testing today, I leave you with my latest column for Outside:


The inspiration for this particular treatise came when I passed my eleventy millionth rider with a subtly-hued and tastefully-patterned jersey, canvas handlebar bag, 32mm skinwall tires, and disc brakes.  Of course I like all these things, but being a dedicated contrarian, now that it's how you're supposed to do bikes it just doesn't have the same appeal.  Does this mean I suffer from the "indie syndrome" whereby I'm into something until it attains a certain degree of popularity at which point I announce contemptuously that I'm "over it"?  You're goddamn right it does!  Come on, the fact that I'm one of those assholes is the whole reason I started this blog in the first place!

So look for me in a vintage Primal jersey riding a bike with 23mm tires in a painstakingly contrived attempt to be different.


With that, I now grant you permission to leave work early and scamper off into the horizon on the bicycle of your choosing, and I will do the same.  See you next week, suckers.

Until then, I remain,

Yours and so forth,


--Tan Tenovo






from Bike Snob NYC https://ift.tt/2NLfUvt

No comments:

Post a Comment