Wednesday, July 11, 2018

This Just In: Ironman Has Rust In Brain

The day has already gotten out from under me like a triathlon bike from beneath its rider, so I'll just take this as an opportunity to share with you the dumbest cycling-related tweet I've seen in awhile:

You'd think that with a sphincter that tight Christopher Brisley's entire anal canal would have exploded in a hail of congealed energy goo years ago.

What a putz.

Also, I should mention that yes, I've seen this:



I know I'm supposed to hate it but I can't be the only one who doesn't think, "Still with the derailleurs?" at least once a day.  Not that I think this is the future of drivetrains necessarily, and I realize that at this point this is just a glorified Lazy Susan, but I for one welcome our new derailleur-less overlords in whatever form they may ultimately take.  Derailleurs were awesome technology like 70 years ago, but I think it's well past time that we moved on.

Of course this is the point where some weenie pipes up and says "What about my Rohloff hub?!?" because the opportunity to do so is exactly why people go out and buy Rohloff hubs.  And yes, I'm sure Rohloff hubs are amazing, but they also weight ten times as much as a freehub, and what happens when you want to switch wheels?

Hey, if someone can engineer a light drivetrain for sporting-type bicycles that doesn't involve a series of pulleys hanging off the back of the bike then good for them.

Finally, how about that Touring of France finish today, huh?

Yes, I've actually been making a half-assed effort to watch the Touring of France.

The Midlife Fredding Crisis continues...

from Bike Snob NYC https://ift.tt/2N6hI1H

No comments:

Post a Comment