Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Building a Community Around Wellness – The Chasing Joy Podcast – Episode 1

Episode 1 of the Chasing Joy Podcast is all about Building a Community Around Wellness with my guest Kate Van Horn.

You guys, I am so excited to share my first interview episode of the Chasing Joy Podcast. Thank you so much for all the support already. It’s crazy how much I’m loving podcasting so far. I’ve been having such wonderful conversations that I’m so excited to share.

Today is the first official interview episode and it’s with the lovely Kate Van Horn founder of kaleinit.com. However Kate’s bio doesn’t stop there.

I asked Kate to be on the show because she’s an expert when it comes to building an on and offline community around wellness. Kate’s part of the incredible team behind this year’s hottest new wellness events: the GOODfest.

When I was planning for the podcast I had a request to talk about finding community around your interests, especially in wellness. I immediately thought of Kate.

If you listen to the episode you’ll learn all about how and why the event came to fruition and why Kate believes there’s a huge demand for these kinds of events.

Fun fact: Kate and I met over the summer when she came to the Yoga Festival on Nantucket. I love how we met at a wellness even almost a year ago and now Kate’s hosting her very own.

Ps. I can’t wait to attend so if you’re going to be there please please come say hi!


Learn what it takes to build a community around wellness
Click To Tweet


On today’s episode we dive into:

  • How and why Kate quit her job in advertising to start a career in wellness
  • Kate talks about her transition from career, to part time work into full time entrepreneurship
  • What it’s really like to move home after college
  • Why community, both on and offline is so important
  • The growth and demand for wellness events
  • Inspiration behind GOODFest & GOODSociety
  • How to “network” as an introvert
  • Kate shares her super practical tips for accessible meditation (one of which I’ve already tried)

Listen to the episode

subscribe on itunes

or right here:

Episode Links

Your Turn:

  • Have you listened to the podcast yet? I’d love to hear what you think <3

The post Building a Community Around Wellness – The Chasing Joy Podcast – Episode 1 appeared first on In it for the Long Run.



from In it for the Long Run http://ift.tt/2lpNwSi

No comments:

Post a Comment