Thursday, February 16, 2017

Why I’m Obsessed with Angel Cards and How to Make Your Own

Find out why I’m so obsessed with using angel cards, how to use them and how to make your very own deck.

Why I'm Obsessed with Angel Cards and How to Make Your Own

I can’t exactly remember when my dad first showed me Angel Cards. All I can remember is our little tradition of selecting 3 each year on New Year’s Day. Since then, I’ve founds so much joy, truth and reflection in using these little cards to guide my days and years.

What Are Angel Cards?

Angel cards, or at least the kind that I’m sharing, are a deck of cards with words of guidance. You can use them to help find signs, meaning or guidance. You can get some pretty snazzy decks with illustrations and all that jazz. The kind I use are really simple and just have the words of guidance on them.

Why I'm Obsessed with Angel Cards and How to Make Your Own

How Do You Use Them

There are no hard and fast rules. I use them when I’m looking for a little extra guidance, reflection and introspection. You can ask a question then pick a card. You can pick a card before you meditate and use it as an intention. Personally, every year I choose 3 to guide the year. Usually I’ll choose them, write them down and kind of set-and-forget the magic. Or I’ll choose one to guide my day.

Sometimes the words instantly resonate and other times it takes time to reveal their meaning and purpose. I remember picking my words last year (2016) and thinking “oh that’s nice.” Looking back now they are so eerily resonant for the year.

Why I'm Obsessed with Angel Cards and How to Make Your Own

If you’re curios, this year I got: transformation, trust and harmony. I think I’m especially curious about harmony. I love the idea of using harmony instead of balance. Balance can sometimes feel calculated or like a perfect division of life, but harmony feels more ebb and flow, more synchronous. Anyways, them’s me words.

So to really answer the question – you can use them whenever you want to feel guided. That could be every day, in big moments, once a year, whenever you meditate, the sky’s the limits.


Make your own awesome deck of angel cards – here’s how
Click To Tweet


Why I'm Obsessed with Angel Cards and How to Make Your Own

Get Your Free Angel Card Download

Powered by ConvertKit

How to Make Your Own Angel Cards

step 1: Sign up, in the form above, to receive the printable PDF files straight your email

step 2: Once you’ve confirmed, you’ll receive the PDF

step 3: Download the PDF file

step 4: Print the first side with the angel words on a piece of sturdy yardstick 11 x 8.5 paper

step 5: Put the paper back in the printer upside-down and print the second side (the second side is step 6: optional but it will make your pack pretty)

step 7: You’ll have a 2 sided card stock with one side being the words, the other being the fun imagery

step 8: Optional: Laminate your paper before cutting to make cards sturdier

step 9: Cut along the lines and ta-da you’ll have a deck of 33 angel cards

Why I'm Obsessed with Angel Cards and How to Make Your Own

Why I'm Obsessed with Angel Cards and How to Make Your Own

Your Turn:

  • Have you ever head of angel cards? Have you used them before?
  • Let me know what words you get!

The post Why I’m Obsessed with Angel Cards and How to Make Your Own appeared first on In it for the Long Run.



from In it for the Long Run http://ift.tt/2lUYQ8f

No comments:

Post a Comment